Extremely minor spoilers for some Assassin's Creed: Valhalla lore

Butch:

I'm not used to being ahead. Chase down any dots? 

Feminina:

I did! Found the settlement, checked out a nearby viewpoint, found an anomaly with a climbing puzzle.

Didn't raid, but need to do that next in the quest line.

Butch:

Ah, good.  The climby puzzle. 

What the hell was that?  Have Layla ever appeared in history before?  And what was that glimpse of....what? 

I've been waiting to ask "What the hell was that?" for some time. 

Feminina:

Well, we had those moments where Layla was "bleeding" into part of Kassandra's memories, when we had to do that fight in Odyssey. And there was a moment when the Goddess Juno, I think it was (actually one of the Isu, no doubt) spoke directly to Desmond in one of Ezio's memories. So this sort of thing is not unheard of. But as to what, SPECIFICALLY, the hell it is, I don't know any more than you do. Probably some hidden information that we shall have to compile and put together in order to learn something. 

Something delightfully weird and complicated, I hope. It reminds me of some of the stuff in AC2, where you collected a lot of fragments of memories and solved little puzzles and eventually pieced together a Truth about how the Isu/First People had created the Pieces of Eden and the Assassins and Templars squabbled over them for centuries. So maybe something along those lines. I kind of liked the puzzle itself. 

Butch:

I, too, liked the puzzle.  Remember, I didn't play the good bits of ACO because I thought the game was over.  I didn't do that fight.  Sigh.  Wish I had. 

That little blurb of...whatever that was was pretty damn short. I can't find a way to replay it, either, and fuck if I got much out of it.  It looked like a sci fi battle, but that's all I took away from it. 
On replays and the codex and shit, I'm kind of annoyed about the quest list.  I never thought I'd say this, but there isn't enough on it.  I really wish they'd put up all those "world event" side quests I keep forgetting about.  

I do like weird and complicated.  Also, gotta admit, with ACO and this, Assassin's Creed in general is kinda growing on me.  I find myself wanting to get into the weird and complicated.  Not enough to read twelve bazillion wikis and play six bazillion games, but I'm having fun.  I thought AC4 was pretty meh, but they've got my attention with ACO and this. 

Feminina:

There was a lot of that with the Ezio stuff: you'd solve a puzzle and get like two seconds of something which only later added to two seconds of something else and turned into some actual information. I'm guessing we'll collect a couple of seconds of this scene from different puzzles and eventually have a whole History Channel video about how aliens built the pyramids or something. It's weirdly addictive. 

Butch:

Cool.  As long as I get another look at that.  As I was not aware this was a thing in these games, I was rather caught off guard and didn't get as much as I would have had I known it was coming. 


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more